The Naco, serves 5-6
Remember in Kim Possible how Ron, Kim, Monique, and Rufus would hang out at Bueno Nacho and Ron would make himself the Naco? It’s the combination of a taco and nachos. To make this easy dish all you will need is:
-20oz ground meat (I used Jennie-O seasoned ground turkey)
-Tortilla chips (preferably triangle shaped)
-Nacho cheese (home made or store bought)
-The largest tortillas you can find at your store
-Chopped lettuce and tomatoes
Take one large tortilla and lightly heat it, do not make it crispy as it needs to fold up. Add a small layer of nacho cheese as your base. Then pile up the tortilla using the tortilla chips, cheese, ground meat, and lettuce/tomatoes. Then take two corners and fold them up. You can use nacho cheese to paste the two ends together, or sour cream or even guacamole. The other two sides should be gently folded up. Enjoy!
For any questions on this DIY feel free to ask! More DIYs coming your way!
I really, really love the Internet.
Make Your Own Alkaline Vitamin Water
Find yourself needing a vitamin boost?
Click here, for complete recipe and directions of my five signature colour-free, sugar-free and bpa plastic free alkaline vitamin waters or get inspired to make your own combinations.
- Recovery - This vitamin water is ideal for recovery post-workout or after a large bout of physical activity. Blackberries and Cherries aid in replenishing oxygen in the blood while pomegranate and glutamine help to restore and repair muscle tissue damage
- C*Power - This vitamin water gives you a boost of anti-viral and anti-inflammatory vitamin C. With natural citrus fruits and camu camu powder, c*power is ideal for boosting your immunity after an illness or just keeping your body empowered. This is an excellent combination for weight loss
- Stressless - This is my favourite combination, the blend of watermelon and rosemary is divine. This vitamin water is ideal for helping you balance stress on a mental and physiological level. With the addition of B vitamins, hydrating watermelon and calming rosemary this combination is best used during times of stress or intensity
- Digest It - Excellent for aiding in digestion and stimulating the colon and digestive tract. With the combination of pineapple’s digestive enzymes, soothing, cooling mint and warming ginger, stimulating lemongrass, immunizing lychee and probiotics this water will aid in internal balance
- Detox - Purify your blood and body with this awesome vitamin water! Detox is ideal for the morning after a night out or when you are cleansing. Created with hydrating coconut water, and fresh cucumber, nutrient rich coconut meat, detoxifying milk thistle and anti-oxidant loaded raspberries and blueberries, this combination will cleanse your body from the inside out
It simple, cheap and easy way to get your vitamins in a delicious and hydrating way.
spinach feta avocado and grapefruit salad by joy the baker
vegetarian (but can be easily veganised by eliminating the feta)
The Wisconsin Badgers made it into the NCAA Tournament again this year, so tonight Jacki and I decided to make some bar food watch the gave against Syracuse. Nothing says bar food to me more than anything that has buffalo sauce on it and something deep fried. Although these aren’t fried, you will never know!
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
(Revised from Adventures in Cooking)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (I didn’t have any blue cheese)
- 1 cup cabbage slaw mix
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- non-stick cooking spray
- water, in a little dish
Bake the chicken breast, let them cool and shred the meat into a bowl. Stir in cream cheese, hot sauce and shredded cheese. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
To make the egg rolls, lay an egg roll wrapper out on the counter to have a corner point towards you. Place 1 tablespoon of the slaw mix in the lower middle to the wrapper, top with 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Fold in the outside corners to the middle.
Dip your finger in the water and dampen the top and bottom corners. Fold the bottom corner up to the middle and tightly pack the filling.
Start to roll up to the top. Seal the corner with a little more water. Place the roll seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
Repeat until you have finished all of the egg rolls. Spray the tops of all the egg rolls. Bake for 6 minutes, flip over, and bake for another 6 minutes until the rolls are crispy and golden brown.
Yes the Badgers lost by one point, but I took Syracuse in my bracket so I’m not too angry.
Happy NCAA Watching :)
Daily Dish: Embrace the springtime weather by grilling up our savory Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers with Red Onion and Spinach.